This pumpkin bread is fluffy and moist and packed full of all the pumpkin spice flavors we love! The only thing that’s better than pumpkin is… chocolate chips and pumpkin! The chocolate compliments the pumpkin spices so well. I love to make mini loaves for gifting these to my lucky neighbors and friends.
Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. Mostly because it’s a relief from the sweltering hot Arizona summer, but it’s also the ushering in of the baking season. It’s the beginning of all the best holidays and the treats that go along with them! The flavors of Fall are so yummy and this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is an absolute favorite for my family.
The spices in this sweet bread are really strong but not overpowering. They create the perfect pumpkin spice flavor. I whisk them together with the flour before adding it to the wet ingredients. This helps get everything incorporated and will ensure they get mixed together well.
Pumpkin is such a beautiful color. I love the look the chocolate chips add to this bread. It’s actually the perfect colors for a Halloween time treat! The chocolate chips are such a yummy compliment to the pumpkin spices. I like a lot of chocolate chips in my pumpkin bread. You can definitely hold back and use less or even leave them out completely, but honestly…why would you want to?
I love this bread so much that I like to make mini loaves so that I have more to share with my neighbors. Also the mini loaves tend to bake more evenly than a larger loaf. Fill the pans two thirds full. The pumpkin bread will puff up nice and big in the oven. Don’t forget to check it with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked all the way thru.
Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. They hold together really well, so if you can’t wait until they’re totally cooled, you’ll be okay slicing it while it’s still slightly warm. I love to spread cream cheese frosting on this bread!
These beautiful and flavorful sweet breads are my absolute favorite Fall treat! I know you’ll love it too!
Other recipes to try
Need extra help with your bread game?
Check out my Baking Academy – my monthly membership that gives you access to ALL of my virtual, pre-recorded baking classes!! Learn the techniques that will give you amazing results as I show you how to make challenging recipes easier, from start to finish! Go HERE to learn more!!Print
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread is fluffy and moist and packed full of all the pumpkin spice flavors we all love! The only thing that’s better than pumpkin is chocolate chips and pumpkin! The chocolate compliments the pumpkin spices so well. I love to make mini loaves for gifting these to my lucky neighbors and friends.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 mini loaves 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare loaf pans by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Make the batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the sugar, eggs and oil. Add the pumpkin and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the mixer and combine until well incorporated.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill the prepared loaf pans two thirds full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Insert with toothpick. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out the bread onto wire cooling racks and let cool completely.
- You can make these in bigger loaf pans. Increase bake time to 40-45 minutes total bake time.
- I absolutely love eating this bread with cream cheese frosting spread. Yum!
- These loaves freeze really well. Wrap them in plastic wrap and store in a zip top freezer bag.