Update: Both sessions are now SOLD OUT! Please add your name to the waitlist in case anything opens up!
Join me April 17-20, 2024, in Waco, TX, for a three day retreat all centered around mastering delicious bread recipes and techniques. Make new baking friends. Recharge your batteries. Renew your love of baking. Read the FAQ section below to get all the details!
My Spring 2024 Baking Retreat will by my 5th baking event I’ve organized and hosted, and each one just keeps getting better and better! This Retreat will be slightly different than previous ones. I will be the only teacher (gulp), all classes will be centered around different kinds of bread making, and it will be completely hands on! It’s going to be so amazing! I hope you’re as excited as I am!
I would LOVE to see YOU there! Be sure to read through all of the information below – you’ll get all of the details and know how to snag your spot as soon as registration goes LIVE!
Read carefully. My baking retreats typically sell out in minutes. Make sure you know all of the details before you apply for a spot.
Second Session Dates
Wednesday, April 17, 2024 – Saturday, April 20, 2024
(Retreat begins at 2:00pm, 4/17/24 and ends at 9:00am 4/20/24)
Waco, TX, USA
When can I sign up?
Registration will open Saturday, September 16 at 9:00am Pacific Time (also Phoenix time)
There are very limited spots available! Be sure you are ready to register the second it opens up! I anticipate that it will sell out quickly!
Get email updates!
Sign up for Retreat specific email updates at the link below. You’ll get the most recent information. I send more details to this email group than to my general readers!
- Lodging for 3 nights in gorgeous, historical homes in Waco, TX. (Read about an option for an extra night’s stay in the Lodging section)
- Included meals: Wednesday dinner, Thursday breakfast and dinner, Friday breakfast and dinner, Saturday breakfast. Lots of snacks and taste testing! Thursday and Friday, participants will have 2 hours free time in the middle of the day to explore Magnolia and Waco, and will be responsible for own lunch. My friend Amy, from My Name is Snickerdoodle, will be there making incredible meals for us!
- Completely hands on bread making classes taught by expert baker, Heather Thomas from That Bread Lady. Master your bread making skills! Learn how to incorporate it into your daily menus and specialty bakes. Classes will be completely hands on to help you really get a grasp of the bread making concepts we will be learning. Read more about the classes in the Class section below.
- Fun activities to help you make new baking friends.
- SWAG bags (“stuff we all get”) full of baking tools that will help you continue your bread making success at home. Plus we always have amazing giveaways!
- An unforgettable and enriching experience, you’ll go home with new friendships, a deeper understanding of bread making and a renewed desire to continue perfecting your baking skills.
What is not included
Participants will be responsible for their own travel to and from the Retreat. Any travel to and from the retreat homes will also be the responsibility of the participant. Thursday and Friday lunches will not be provided, but participants will have a break in the schedule to explore Waco and grab lunch. We will put together a GroupMe chat in case you want to share rides.
Cost varies depending on what type of lodging you select.
- There are rooms that are double occupancy, meaning you book the room for 2 attendees with one registration (perfect option for friends that want to come together).
- There are single rooms that are for individual participants (perfect option for those coming by themselves).
- Regardless of room type, a $1,000/per person deposit is required at the time of registration. The additional balance will be due by December 31, 2023. If you are booking a double occupancy room, your deposit will be $2,000 and will be made by one of the two sharing that room. The remaining balance can be made individually.
- While all of the rooms are beautiful, they vary in size and comfort. Larger, more luxurious rooms will be priced at a premium ($2,700/per person), while smaller rooms will be priced at a discounted rate ($1800-$2,300/per person).
- See below for the rooms available and pricing per room.
We will be staying at two beautiful homes in Waco, TX.
The MAIN HOUSE is a historical home built in 1885 by the original founder of Dr. Pepper! It’s so incredible! It will hold most of our attendees and will be where we have our classes and activities.
A second house, the COTTAGE HOUSE, is about 150 yards from the Main House. It is much smaller, but beautiful. This will be a place for additional attendees to sleep.
The homes are located about one mile from the famous Magnolia Silos and just around the corner from downtown Waco! You’ll have time during the retreat to explore all of our fun surroundings!
*If you are coming into town early and want an extra day to explore, I have a limited number of spots available for you to stay at the Main House Tuesday night. It will be an extra fee of $150 and will be added to your final payment. Please email me ([email protected]) after you secure your spot to request a Tuesday night stayover – it will be first come first serve.
The Main House:
Main House Rooms available:
There are 5 rooms available in the Main House. Rooms 1-3 are located on the second floor. Rooms 4-5 are located on the third floor.
Room 1: Premium Master Suite with Ensuite (double occupancy, $2700 per person)
Master Suite with Ensuite. This is the most incredible room and ensuite! Spacious and luxurious! King bed. Double occupancy. Located on the second floor. Price is $2700 per person. $2000 deposit required at time of purchase. Deposit made by one attendee. Remaining balance of $1700 per person will be due by December 31, 2023.
Room 2: King Room (double occupancy with ensuite, $2500 per person)
King bed. Double occupancy. Ensuite. Located on the second floor. Price is $2500 per person. $2000 deposit required at time of purchase. Deposit made by one attendee. Remaining balance of $1500 per person will be due by December 31, 2023.
Room 3: Twin Room (single occupancy, $2300 per person)
This twin room is for single travelers. It is located on the second floor, off of the laundry room. It does not have an ensuite. Occupants for this room will have a full bathroom to use on the first floor. Cost is $2300 per person. A $1,000 deposit per person is due at time of purchase. Remaining balance of $1,300 per person will be due by December 31, 2023. By registering for this room, you are agreeing to the possibility you may be rooming with another woman you do not know yet.
If you want to purchase both spots together, you can select this room and then update the quantity to 2 at checkout.
Room 4: Loft Double Room (double occupancy, $2300 per person, shared bathroom)
This room is located on the third floor in an open area (no private door to close the bedroom). Two double size beds. Spacious bathroom is shared with two attendees from Room 4. Cost is $2300 per person. A $2,000 deposit is due at time of purchase. Remaining balance of $1,300 per person will be due by December 31, 2023.
Room 5: King Room (double occupancy, $2300 per person, shared bathroom)
King size bed. Beautiful fireplace in room. Private bedroom door. Located on the third floor. Double occupancy. Spacious bathroom is shared with two attendees from Room 3. Access to this bedroom is through the loft Room 3. Cost is $2300 per person. A $2,000 deposit is due at time of purchase. Remaining balance of $1,300 per person will be due by December 31, 2023.
The Cottage House:
Cottage House Rooms Available
The Cottage House is located about 150 yards from the Main House. There are two rooms available in the Cottage House. Other bedrooms will be used by some Retreat staff. Just a two minute walk to the Main House. All meals and activities will be held in the Main House.
Room 6: Master Suite with Ensuite (double occupancy, $2,000 per person)
Located on the first floor, this beautiful room has a King sized bed with spacious ensuite. Gorgeous sitting room off of the bedroom. Double occupancy. Price is $2000 per person. $2000 deposit required at time of purchase. Deposit made by one attendee. Remaining balance of $1000 per person will be due by December 31, 2023.
Room 7: Twin Room, shared bathroom (single occupancy, $1800 per person)
Located on the second floor, this room has two twin sized beds and a shared bathroom with 1-2 Retreat staff staying at the Cottage House. Price is $1800 per person. A $1000 deposit is required at time of purchase. Remaining balance of $800 per person will be due by December 31, 2023. By registering for this room, you are agreeing to the possibility you may be rooming with another woman you do not know yet.
If you want to purchase both spots together, you can select this room and then update the quantity to 2 at checkout.
Who can attend?
Must be a woman, age 18 years or older. Bakers of all skill levels and backgrounds are welcome!
Classes will be hands on – you will bake right along side me!
We will be learning lots of things that you will be able to go home and incorporate into your baking repertoire. All classes are hands on, but you will be working in small groups of 2-4. We will walk through each recipe together and each group will get to make their own items. My goal is to have you come away from the Retreat, being able to easily replicate these recipes at home! Retreat attendees will get the opportunity to vote for two classes from the following list:
- Sourdough Baking, a comprehensive class
- Danish Pastries, laminating dough
- Braided Breads, Challah or Brioche
- Choux Pastry, making Cream Puffs & Eclairs
What else will we be doing?
We will have free time in the middle of the day, Thursday and Friday to explore. Waco is the hub for the famous Magnolia Silos (from Fixer Upper fame). It is a really cool area filled with beautiful scenery, a bakery, chapel, coffee shop, food trucks, and lots and lots of incredible shopping! You could spend a couple entire days there! Please note, that the Magnolia Silos close each day at 6:00pm, so that is why we will have our free time during lunch time. We will have some really fun activities going on at the house in the evening!
How do I register?
- Registration will open on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 9:00am Pacific Time (Arizona time).
- There will be a button at the top of this page that says, “Register Here”. Click on that button and it will take you to a page with all of the housing options. Each option will have it’s own button for purchasing.
- It is very important to know that you must have an account with That Bread Lady in order to checkout. You can make an account ahead of time to check out faster on registration day. Make sure you have your login information saved! To make an account, go to my homepage and click on “account”. from there, you will be able to create an account. If you already have an account, make sure you know your login information!
Terms and Conditions
We have a super fun time at my Baking Retreats! But I like to set clear expectations from the very beginning. Upon registration, you will be emailed the complete terms and conditions for attending this retreat. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, you will forfeit your spot and it will go to the next person on the waitlist. It’s nothing unreasonable.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- This retreat is for women only, ages 18 years or older
- No alcohol, legal or illegal drugs are permitted during the Retreat
- All fees are nonrefundable, but are transferable.
Each Retreat is unique
No one retreat is exactly the same! Each retreat is in a new location with new class presenters. I want each retreat to be a unique and new experience for you!
There are very limited spots available! Be sure to be ready to register the second it opens up! I anticipate that it will sell out quickly!
What if I don’t get a spot?
In the past, my retreats have sold out in minutes. But you never know! In the event it sells out before you get a spot, there will be a waitlist button at the top of this page. Add your name to the waitlist asap! Occasionally, I get attendees that cannot attend and I take the next available person on the waitlist.
If after reading through this information, you have any more questions, please reach out to Heather at [email protected]
Good luck! I hope to see you in Waco!!