These cookies are thick chewy and just a whole lot of goodness! The sweet white chocolate chips go perfectly with the saltiness of the macadamia nuts. This cookie is sure to become one of your favorites!
Are you a cookie dough lover? I am one of those people that would rather have the cookie dough instead of the cookie. I know this is a controversial topic, but I can settle it for you…Cookie dough is delicious!! This cookie dough is hands down, my favorite to eat, but it also makes a pretty fantastic cookie too!
One year, I made LOTS of batches of White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookie dough for my neighbor Christmas gifts. I put enough dough for a dozen cookies in a lidded container along with baking instructions and, of course, a cute Christmas ribbon pulling this gift together. I can’t tell you how many of my neighbors told me that they were in love with these cookies, including several (like me) that just ate the cookie dough!
My most important tip for baking this cookie:
I like to use bread flour in this recipe. It helps the cookie hold it’s shape well and makes the cookie more chewy!
While we’re at it, here’s one more important tip!:
Be sure to cream the butter and sugar really well. Like, I’m talking for three minutes. The sugars need to get really incorporated into that butter and break up any clumps that may be in there. I promise, this is a step you want to make sure you take the time to do!
Give these a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed!Print
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: cookies
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment or silicone mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the sugars and butter. Cream for three minutes. Add the eggs and cream another 2 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Toss in the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Mix only until blended.
- Scoop cookie dough into golf ball size dough balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- I use bread flour with this recipe because it yields a much chewier cookie. Softened butter works best when using bread flour. You could substitute the bread flour for All Purpose flour, but you would need to use cold butter instead of softened butter.
- I always use either my blender or food processor to chop up the nuts. It makes the process so much easier and quicker!
- Freeze any extra dough you have by wrapping in parchment or wax paper. When baking just allow it to sit out long enough to come to nearly room temperature and bake as directed.