If you love cinnamon rolls, you’ll love creating this one giant sweet roll. It’s so big, you’ll have to bake it in a pie tin! I’ll show you exactly how to adjust this recipe to achieve jumbo status! Make the dough the night before, roll it out and bake first thing in the morning – making your morning much easier and delicious! Watch my short video to learn how easy it is to roll up a giant cinnamon roll. Serve it as one big dessert to slice up and share with the family, or make it for one special person that you’re celebrating! These homemade jumbo cinnamon rolls are such a fun way to enjoy a classic treat!
Prepare the dough.
Prepare the filling.
It’s time to roll.
1. After the dough has risen its first rise, turn it out onto a floured work surface.
2. Divide the dough into three equal sized pieces, about 19 ounces each. This recipe will make 3 jumbo cinnamon rolls. If you’re only making one jumbo cinnamon roll, you can use the rest of your dough to make regular sized cinnamon rolls or crescent dinner rolls.
3. Set aside two of the dough balls and roll out one of the three pieces of dough into a large rectangle, about 8×14 inches in size and 1/4 inch in thickness. Be sure to pull the corners out so that they are nice and sharp, and all sides of the rectangle are straight. This helps to line up the dough as you roll it up.
4. Brush the melted butter onto the surface of the dough. Sprinkle on a good amount of the prepared cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread it out all the way to the edges of the dough to make sure you get lots of cinnamon incorporated into your cinnamon roll.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough lengthwise into four equal strips.
6. Start at the short end of the first strip and roll up. Line up the end of the roll with the end of the second strip and continue to roll up, doubling the size of the cinnamon roll. Continue with the third and fourth strips, until you have rolled up all four strips into one jumbo cinnamon roll!
7. Place on a greased, 8 or 9-inch pie or cake pan. Press down the center of the cinnamon roll if it’s poking out too much. Cover the roll loosely with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for its second rise, for about 20 minutes while you preheat your oven.